You can quickly determine constipation in toddlers and you can easily help your child. If your toddler complains of a sore tummy for more than a couple of days, chances are that they are suffering from constipation.
Constipation is when your bowel cannot effectively move the contents of your intestines out using normal peristalsis.
When you are eating a diet made of whole foods, drinking plenty of water and getting exercise your body can eliminate waste as it should. If any of these items are missing then you stand the chance of becoming constipated.
In the short term bad breathe, aching tummy and pain on going to the toilet are what you face. Constipation over the long term can cause headaches, bad skin and even colon cancer.
1. Make sure you offer foods from all the food groups daily.
2. The foods that you offer should be in the closest to natural state. 3. Unless necessary do not peel fruit and vegetables. Apples, peaches, pears, potatoes and carrots all have lots of fibre in the skin.
4. Use whole grains every time over refined items like white bread and crackers.
5. Drink 6 glasses of water a day. If your toddler battle with this, do not offer juice or tea only water.
6. Get exercise daily. When they are young a daily walk around the block, a climb at the playground, riding their push bike in the yard are all good forms of exercise.
Make sure you start introducing the above with immediate effect.
You may consult your doctor and they will more than likely prescribe a bulking agent for your child to drink.
Stay away from carbohydrates for a while - no pasta, bread or potatoes only lots of fresh colourful fruit and vegetables and protein based food. Add in some oatbran to their yoghurt for fibre everyday.
Get them to drink as much water as they can handle.
Be sure that you pay attention to possible constipation in toddlers so as to prevent bad habits developing with regards to food later in life.
Try some Easy Home Remedies.
When you purchase from this link, you are actually purchasing from Amazon.com, and you can have peace of mind that your order will be processed by Amazon’s secure order server.